Saturday, February 26, 2011

Oh, Saturdays!

Today, I started on my apron! I wasn't able to finish it because my poor little baby is teething and was pretty fussy on and off today. I did get quite a bit done though, so I'm pretty excited :) I haven't used a sewing machine in a while, and it turned out to be a little harder than I thought it would be, but not bad and I know I'll get better with practice!

Tonight for dinner I made Orange Teriyaki Chicken, Brown Rice & Broccoli. I had leftover homemade teriyaki sauce that I wanted to use, so I just put it in a saucepan, heated it up and mixed in orange juice and orange zest. It actually turned out pretty good and the hubby liked it, so I guess that's all the matters :) I also surprised him with chocolate chip cookies (I had some frozen cookie dough from Valentine's Day) when he got home from his work-out. He asked me if I was super-wife which made my night because I honestly don't feel like it at all!
Here's the recipe I used for the teriyaki sauce: Teriyaki Sauce Recipe.

Lunch: pita bread drissled with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkled with salt, pepper & other seasonings, broiled in the oven to make it toasty. avocado cilantro hummus and tabouli salad (both from Baba Foods) and a cut up artichoke heart chunk - so good!!

For some reason, I thought of the below recipe tonight while making the cookies. My friend Brie showed it to me/made them when I was younger, and they were fun and tasty! It's No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies! This is a recipe I found online, I think I might make these tomorrow...
2 c. sugar
1 stick butter
1/2 c. milk
3 c. quick oatmeal
3/4 c. peanut butter
Heat sugar, butter and milk to a boil in a medium saucepan. Boil for about 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat & stir in the peanut butter & oatmeal. Scoop into balls and place on a cookie sheet to cool :)

1 comment:

  1. mmm looks soooo yummy! hope you're enjoying your new sewing machine, how fun!

    ReplyDelete