Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Very Own Sewing Machine...

I have a wonderful amazing husband! He bought me my first sewing machine today... My friend Kate has been quilting a lot lately and I'd be wanting a sewing machine and watching her on our visit just pushed me over "the edge" I had to have one lol! My husband is very sweet and understanding and knows how much staying busy means to be right now so he took me after work to get one :) He had said he wanted to surprise me with it by stopping by & picking it up after work but he was in his cami's and is not allowed to go to stores and  things in them. Isn't that so sweet?
^ It has little decorative panels that switch out too... already started laying out an apron (my first apron) that I'm going to try to sew together tomorrow. Woot!

We also got some fabric to finish the wall art I started! I saw the idea on The Nate Berkus Show... You just buy a canvas, whichever size you want and then pick out a fabric to cover it. Cut it long enough to wrap around the back and hot glue it a little bit & then staple it (kind of like the canvas already is). Super simple & super cute.. Can't wait to hang it long-ways over the couch! (Love that show btw) :)

My amazing husband also took us to Yogurtland tonight - so yummy! Broke my "diet" but it was fat-free... bahaha! And below is a picture of me and Bailey hanging out earlier...
Thanks for reading...

1 comment: