Today was a great day! We got up and walked to Subway (only about 3/4 of a mile total) and used these coupons we got in the ads we get every week... we both got a yummy 6" breakfast sandwich and a Minutemaid Orange Juice for $1.90 each (the price of the drink with tax included)! Then we took our dog Wilbur to the dog beach - she loves that place! Here's a picture of her on the way home, she was so exhausted!
And... I did some coupon printing/clipping and we went to Walmart (and to CVS, but they were temporarily out of what I wanted). I had a $1 OFF coupon for any sized Reach Dental Floss and Walmart carries them for only $.88 so I actually "made us" $.12. That twelve cents felt amazing, because I had actually been "paid" to take the floss. I know, I know.. I sound like a nut! But it was fun :)
1. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Puppy, it was on sale at Walmart for $15 and I printed a $5 off coupon so it was only $10! Originally $20, and it's an awesome toy!
2. Blue Garanimals Shirt (12 months) was only $3.50 - cheap brand, but it's so cute, I love elephants :)
3. NYC Nail polish in Bowery Black - under $2 (I've been wanting this charcoal black color, and this one works great but was super inexpensive)
4. Reach Dental Floss - $.88 + $1 OFF coupon = FREE + we made $.12 :)
5. L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara was $5.84 - my $2 OFF coupon = $3.84 - and so far, this has been my favorite mascara ever!
I realize the above are all real simple and even little savings, but I did feel like I'd accomplished something :) and I'm trying this new thing where I really think about the fact that even $.75 off coupons add up monthly, and if you learn how to use coupons, you can save way more! I recommend going to @CouponMom.com and @Coupons.com to get started - you can get & print coupons for free!
Thanks for reading,