Thursday, February 24, 2011

I love Mushrooms!

Okay, I'm terrribblleee at blogging, but I'm hoping to get better! This last weekend (Sunday-Tuesday) we went and visited one of my good friends Kate, her husband Kerry and little baby girl Irelynn Edith Rose :) It was a lot of fun and I'm glad we got to see them again! Her husband's in the AirForce and they're from MN, so growing up we only saw each other a few times, but now we're only about a 4 hour drive away since they're also stationed in CA. Our dad's were best friends since Mike (Kate's dad) was 18 and my dad Robert was 15! It's pretty awesome, or at least we think so, that Kate and I get along so well and really enjoy each other! Anyway, Bailey stopped sleeping 6-8hrs at a time after about 10 days :(. She's doing a little better now, maybe only 4hrs at a time at the most... but hey! better than maybe 2hrs. I've been cooking up a storm! Made homemade teriyaki sauce, and pancakes from scratch - both for the first time this week, so I'm pretty excited about that! I'm going to try to post some of my favorite, or recent recipes used, and even some of my own (as I make them up hehe). Tonight for dinner we had artichoke heart stuffed mushrooms and a red alfredo sauce over chicken... very yummy! Here's the mushroom recipe ...


Makes 6 servings or 12 stuffed mushrooms!

Ingredients:

1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
12 mushrooms, stems removed and chopped
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/2 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon sour cream
1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Grease cookie sheet and rub mushroom cups with olive oil.
  3. Cook onions and mushroom stems in olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add salt & pepper to taste.
  4. Add the rest of the ingredients to a mixing bowl, and when onions are translucent (cooked) add them and the mushroom stems into the bowl and stir it together.
  5. Spoon the mixture into the mushrooms & place them on the cookie sheet.
  6. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until the "stuffing" is bubbly!
*Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe Link

I also made a bow holder (& bow) for my friend Jen's baby girl Sophia - her due date is April 1st! I love crafting - it's sooo much fun! If anyone's interested in how I made it please let me know...


Thanks for stopping by!

Bailey holding her bottle, passing out! lol!

2 comments: