Saturday, March 12, 2011

My "Chicken Artichoke Heart Spinach Pizza Pocket"

I'm pretty bad at blogging every day, I've already said that a couple times I'm sure :) So, since my last post Bailey had her 4 month appointment and she is still in about the 50th percentile for both height and length. She was 14lbs 4 oz and 24 1/2 inches long! Doctor suggested starting to feed her baby oatmeal mixed with baby prunes every other day... so we did that night (03-08-2011) and she loved it! We also got her ears pierced on 03-09-2011... I was kind of traumatized for a bit haha but they look cute and she doesn't even know they're there so it turned out fine :) Last night for dinner I tried to make a kind of pizza pocket thing with crescent rolls. I'll post below the "recipe" but I didn't use exact measurements, so I'll just put what I used and if you like the idea you can try something similar :) Oh, I also decided to post days 7-12 in one picture!
7. Most treasured: my family; husband, daughter, parents, brother, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc... 8. A picture that makes me laugh: Darth Sidious and the Pope haha! 9. A picture of someone who has gotten me through the most: My parents, and now for the past couple years my husband! 10. Someone who I've done the most messed up stuff with: my best friend Nicole, haha! 11. Something I hate: first thing that came to mind was brussel sprouts lol 12. Something I love: elephants - they're so beautiful!

My "Chicken Artichoke Heart Spinach Pizza Pocket"
Ingredients & estimations:
1 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
olive oil
1/4 of a big red onion
about 2 tbsp minced garlic
handful of baby spinach leaves
about 5 artichoke heart chunks (I used Kirkland's)
at least 1 cup of cheese (I used mozzarella and a little cheddar)
about 2 tbsp of ranch dressing (I used Hidden Valley)
salt, pepper & Italian seasoning to taste
1 can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls

- Cut chicken breast into cubes and put in frying pan with a little bit of olive oil.
- Chop onion into little wedges, and add that plus the minced garlic to the frying pan.
- While chicken, onions and garlic are cooking chop up the artichoke hearts into smaller pieces and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Grate cheese and add to bowl.
- Add Ranch, salt, pepper & seasonings to bowl and mix it all together.
- Add spinach leaves to the frying pan right before the chicken is done.
- Once cooked, add the chicken mixture to the mixing bowl and stir all ingredients together.
- Roll the crescent roll dough into 2 circles, flatten them out as much as you can.
- Add mixture to half of the dough and fold the other half over top of it - it'll look like a half circle.
- Put the "pizza pockets" on greased cookie sheet and bake in oven on 350 for about 20 minutes - the dough will start to brown.

Okay - I hope my instructions weren't too hard to understand! Any questions please just leave me a comment, and please leave one if you try this (or something similar) out!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment